Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Week 19

Wow, hard to believe we are at 19 already! The last week has been a lot of fun, talking about names and plotting fun ideas for his nursery! I have so many ideas I have to try to contain myself, hehe. Not too much to report as far as new things for me, still enjoying life in the second trimester and showing off my baby bump! We did have a pretty big event for Mark though, he finally got to feel Mango over the weekend, I think Mango was trying to give me a birthday present so he did lots of big kicks (or body slams or something) into my belly in a row and Mark could feel them clear as day, that was pretty exciting! Here is the bump this week:

Posted by Picasa

Here is Mango's 19 week update: Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces, and measures 6 inches, head to bottom. The hair on his scalp is sprouting. This is a crucial time for sensory development: Your baby's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that he may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you. This week's fruit is pretty exciting too, this week he is the size of a:

1 comment: