Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Meet Mango!

Hi Everyone! Mark and I were beside ourselves with joy when we found out we were expecting our first baby! I was super torn on whether or not to start a blog because I've had more than one failed attempt at keeping them going. This is certainly a huge adventure in itself and I'm sure it will be tough to keep it up, especially once we have actually "met Mango" in December! That being said, I also love looking back at my sister and Lori's old posts and I know how much it means to me to get to read about them when they are far away... so I can't promise it will be updated as frequently as it should be, or even that it will last forever, but I can promise I will try!

So all that being said, for the next several weeks I wouldn't expect too much excitement on here (other than some pictures of Mango's first big trip to Hawaii coming up next week). Today I am 8 weeks pregnant, which means that the sleepiness and nausea seem to be in pretty full effect.
I feel like I can't complain though when I realize just how much little Mango is up to in there, here's a quick update on week 8 from babycenter.com:

Your baby is now 5/8 of an inch long, about the size of a kidney bean. Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. His arms have lengthened, too, and his hands are now flexed at the wrist and meet over his heart. His knee joints have formed, and his feet may be long enough to meet in front of his body. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways."

And even though that says Mango is a kidney bean, the bump says our baby is the size of a:

4 comments:

  1. YAYYYYYY for Mango!! We cannot wait to meet him/her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to an All-Mark entry from his perspective... Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay I am so excited! Also, I just realized you are due in December... which happens to be my birthday month! December babies happen to be the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not just the same month, Mango even has Dec 13th as the due date!! :-)

    ReplyDelete