Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Week 12

I know it seems like I'm always posting a day behind...but this time I actually had a reason! We had our ultrasound today for the screening they do around 12 weeks I wanted to wait until after that. It was by far the most amazing thing yet! We got to see the whole baby at once and he/she was moving all over the place! The best part: we finally have pictures to share that really look like our little one! The first two smaller ones you can see a foot on the top (top right of the baby) and a little hand in the bottom one and the second one I think is pretty obvious. :-)


Our Baby 12 Week Update:

The most dramatic development this week: Reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder. Due to lots of pictures on this post and not wanting to make it too long, I will just tell you baby is the size of a plumb.

And finally, I'm going to start putting in the belly photos because I think you can finally tell it's a baby in there and not just an extra large dinner! I'm still working on the pictures, so excuse how silly I look in this one, hehe:



4 comments:

  1. What cute pics! (Of you AND mango!) Can't wait to see you both in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, Mallis! Keep the updates coming

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! starting to look prego! can't wait to see it for my self!

    ReplyDelete