Thursday, August 11, 2011

22 Weeks

Sorry Grandma! She let me know last time I posted late that she was indeed checking regularly and was aware of my late posting, hehe. It's good to know people are reading my blog and I'm not just talking to myself, but here I am... posting late again! The real reason is that I was planning on posting a photo and haven't had a chance to take one so I kept waiting... but now I think it's time to just say I'll put the photo up next week huh?

Anyways, on to the real reason you're here- Mango is doing great in his comfy little home! Although my belly is certainly not little anymore, it is quite noticeable and has even started to develop that lovely little racing stripe that some lucky pregnant women get. Mango calmly slept through his baby cousin being born! The nurse was a little concerned with me watching the birth that I could have "adopted contractions" which I wasn't aware of before choosing to watch, but we were both able to watch the beautiful Edith being born and it was AMAZING!! Mango also had another friend born just a few days ago, Jason and Michelle delivered their gorgeous little girl (Harper) and we got to visit her in the hospital! With all these babies popping out Mango and I have had a few chats about how he will get to play with the girls, but not yet!! Nothing quite as exciting as babies being born has happened in our house this week, although his crib did come yesterday and I'm pretty excited to get it put together, like Mark said "it will look a babies room once we do that!"

Here are the growing boy's "stats" this week: At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash, in case you can't tell what is in the photo) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.



No comments:

Post a Comment