Sunday, August 28, 2011

Crafting Mama!

Well I have more than a few ideas up my sleeve for nursery crafts... so I was quite pleased to actually complete one today! I thought an origami bird mobile would be awesome for a few reasons: after all of the origami birds at our wedding that originated from my first gift from Mark (an origami duck) they have personal meaning to us, they are beautiful and brightly colored and Mango's room is going to be adorned with lots of adorable animals! So I knew the first step was to make a bunch of birds, which actually proved to be a good way to pass the time at miss Edith's birthday celebration while we were waiting for labor to really kick into high gear.

Then came the challenge, how to assemble a mobile that was cute and looked the birds were flying BUT that the birds wouldn't get all tangled up the second we turn on the ceiling fan. So ended up borrowing ideas from a few different craft blogs and came up with the plan to paint crafting rings (for wreaths and stuff) white and then string the birds onto a wire firm enough to stand their ground in the breeze. From there, the mobile just sort of organically formed itself and I'm quite pleased with the results! Can't wait to add some more crafts to the room!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I am seriously impressed! I thought it would look good but it looks amazing!! Way to go crafty mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crafty indeed! :) It must run in the family. Can't wait to see your other ideas come to life!

    ReplyDelete