Tuesday, October 4, 2011

30 Weeks!!

Wow, the time has flown by and suddenly I am 30 weeks pregnant! What an exciting week to celebrate too!! Mark's parents are coming in to town on Thursday and we have lots of fun things planned... Friday we're going to go out and go apple picking in Julian (yum!) and then out to dinner at the always delicious Stone Brewery with my parents. Not sure what we're up to Saturday just yet, but then Sunday is a big day for Mango...the baby shower!! I'm so excited to see everyone and celebrate our growing baby boy! Can you tell I'm excited for this weekend?

So now that I'm at 30 weeks I don't know if I have too much to report for myself... I am pleased to say it appears I have the feet swelling under control for now thanks to the suggestion of our Bradley teacher, that nettle leaf tea really seems to be helping! Other than that we're just trucking along, watching this belly grow and trying to adjust to the little aches and pains that come along with suddenly carrying a large squash in my belly.

So without further ado, here are Mango's THIRTY week "stats": Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision – which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.) This week, he is the size of a:

For my photo this week you can tell I had another photographer than myself and my self timer, hehe... but I'm sure Katy would like me to let you know that this was with my camera and very spur of the moment, so clearly not up to her regular standards. :-) This was actually taken two days ago when we had our glorious spa day (thanks mom!) but it was so much better than my normal photos I had to use it even though it's a few days pre 30 weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment