Tuesday, October 18, 2011

32 Weeks

How time flies when you are baking a baby! I'm having quite a bit of fun getting ready for the arrival of our little one! I spent just about all day Sunday getting all of his fabulous gifts (thanks everyone!) from the shower laundered and put away... I also got my first taste of what it's like to do laundry and clean all day and yet somehow all my clothes are still dirty and most of the house is still a disaster! I suppose that's a good thing to get used to right about now?

Today I'm going to meet a potential pediatrician, hopefully the only one I'll have to go meet given our schedules are pretty packed these days with work, bradley classes, meeting with our doula, prepping for baby... oh yea, and of course, not over doing it in my last trimester! So anyways, as Mom and Dad continue to prepare ourselves and our home for the new arrival, this is what he's up to in my belly:

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. In case you can't tell what this is, he is supposedly about the size of a large jicama:

Of course, I also had my photos with Katy last week which was super fun! We go to go walk around a really nice park by their house, and I even convinced Mark to be in a few with me. I haven't seen all of the photos just yet, but Katy was kind enough to get a few to me quickly so I could put them on the blog this week:



1 comment: